Diekirch and its churches

 

Old church of saint laurence

 

Zeittafel auf der Webseite der Orgelfreunde Diekirch
aperçu historique sur le site des Amis de l'orgue Diekirch

 

a roman hall converted in the 7th century into a christian church

 

roman hall


 

éd. Emile Zenner

before the 12th century


éd. Jacques Zenner

since the 12th century
(since then a turret stands
on the left side)


 

 

 

today

 

 

 

 

inside the church

 

wall of the roman hall
 

 Vieille Eglise St Laurent

fresco of the vault 16th-17th century

Saint Laurence, fresco 15th century
 

 

 

 

in the basement

 

roman and merovingain sarcophages

hypocaust (detail)

 

 

 

Saint Laurence Church (Decanal Church)

 

Zeittafel auf der Webseite der Orgelfreunde Diekirch
table chronologique sur le site des Amis de l'orgue Diekirch

 

built in 1867/1868 on the site of a former Franciscan monastery church

Monastery of the Franciscan
  in "DIEKIRCH im Wandel der Zeiten"
Peter Olinger

 

 

 

today

 

Église décanale St Laurent

2

3

 

 

 

inside the church

 

Stèle

pillar, vestige of the ruins of the Franciscan monastery

Pièta

pièta created by Achtermann (1799-1884)
 

 

 

 

outside, left-hand side

 

Monument à la mémoire des victimes de la guerre 1940-45

Memorial for the victims of the 1940-45 War
created by Auguste Trémont

 

 

Print this page Print this page | Send this page Send this page